InseGdA - Artenvielfalt im Eger- und Röslautal
The InseGdA project in the district of Wunsiedel, Germany is a research project that aims to monitor the insect population in the Fichtelgebirge over several years. Measures are being carried out along various river courses in the district with the aim of increasing the insect population and reclaiming their natural habitat. These measures include restoring natural river courses and introducing deadwood to create habitats for insects.
- Website Concept + Design + Programming
- 3D-Rendering of Geo-Data
- WebGL Programming
- Panorama Images and Post-Processing
- Drone Footage (Panorama Images)
- Website maintenance and support
The biggest challenge by far was to put the whole district of Wunsiedel i. Fichtelgebirge into an appealing and explorable 3D-landscape. The website should be available to a whole range of visitors - from interested novices to researchers who are looking for scientific publications. The combination of 3D-landscapes and 360° panoramic images gives visitors a spactial understanding of the nature around them and makes publicly funded research accessible.
- Landkreis Wunsiedel i. Fichtelgebirge
- Bundesumweltministeriums für Umwelt, Naturschutz, nukleare Sicherheit und Verbraucherschutz
- Bayerischen Naturschutzfonds
- Fichtelgebirgsverein e. V.